Many people believe that the "best quality" area rugs are made in Asia by hand and the only way to obtain one is to import it. Historically this may have been true, but modern advances in machine weaving technology make it possible for you to now buy an incredibly beautiful, durable rug that is 100% made in the United States of America. Case in point - the American Star brand available exclusively at Rugs Direct.
American Star area rugs are machine-made in Anderson, South Carolina of olefin/polypropylene. This gives them the look and feel of wool rugs, but with the increased durability of synthetic fibers. They are manufactured to look good - and last even in the most high-traffic locations in your home.
No compromises have been made in terms of variety or style with American Star rugs. Currently there are eight different collections that cover all of the popular styles from casual and contemporary to traditional Oriental:
- Lexington - interesting patterns in transitional designs
- Miami - neutral patterns and shapes
- Monterey - featuring solid colors
- Princeton - contemporary florals and intricate patterns
- Santa Monica - contemporary patterns with amazing eye appeal
- Savannah - neutral transitional rugs that can be used indoors or out
- Tahoe - a mix of traditional and transitional in a neutral pallette
- Winchester - classic traditional rugs in beige and burgundy
Currently there are over 85 American Star rugs available, but the collections are rapidly expanding.
If "Made in USA" is important to you, then you most certainly need to explore the American Star collections at Rugs Direct, the nation's leading source for area rugs.